Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Nothing lasts forever

Not even bad shit. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated my boss but I'm confident she didn't like me. She's from one those backward places on the planet where free elections are novel and the government refused to pass a bill that supported gay rights because it would have promoted homosexuality and loosened morals.

She's religious in a way that makes me uneasy. I overheard her in a conversation with some other faithful employees while she said (seriously) that all the recent earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis and stuff was concerning. Maybe, she said, god is mad because of what people are doing to the planet. (?)

I think it was a mistake to tell her I was gay. I was feeling comfortable with myself that particular day and I could see she almost pissed her pants. I worried that I had done the wrong thing. My fears were confirmed over time as I noticed I would get in shit for stuff that would get overlooked when my colleagues did the same thing. I would work my ass off without recognition and when someone else would accomplish something similar to me, they would get rewarded.

I could have confronted it but I decided it would be better to ride it out because it was a matter of time before the powers that be (management) realigned our department and I would be rid of her. The day arrived last Friday when I got moved and I got a new boss to report to. I was delighted. So were my colleagues who also got moved with me. We've concluded that she got rid of us because she has a problem with each of us. She kept all the best sales people, the religious and the brown skinned in her department.

I don't care in the least. My new boss was my boss a few years ago and we get along well. She always jokes aloud that I'm her favourite and she gives me lots of extra work to do (which makes me invaluable and raised my profile). I'm glad I didn't quit. I feel like I have a new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home