Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Monday, March 21, 2005

My Alma Mater

God love them. They keep sending me literature. Next to the Cystic Fibrosis Society (or whatever they're called) they are the most persistant at trying to attract my attention and my money.

The newsletter they just sent is full of the achievements of my peers. They have a section in the back where list people and their recent achievements. It makes me want to throw up. Not because I'm an underachiever. But because for some people, the competition never ends. Apparently, being appointed Chief Financial Officer of a major company is not it's own reward. One must run an ad in the newsletter and rub it in to the rest of us who haven't made the cut.

I should put something in for myself. It would read like this: "Top Dog '95, is still waiting patiently for his job to become more challenging. Having had no official promotion for 2 years he's feeling a bit stale and is finally getting off his ass and looking for more suitable work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home