Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Monday, March 21, 2005

No More Tears (Enough is Enough)

I was happy a few weeks ago because I was transferred and I finally got rid of my boss. But as I had pointed out, nothing lasts forever and it was only a matter of days before management made some changes to my job that are.....well....intolerable. Especially for someone with a degree. They may as well ask me to clean the bathrooms during my break because as far as I'm concerned the work they want me to do is beneath me. Pardon my arrogant overeducated ass but I did not go to school to do some of the shit they want me to do.

I made it clear to my boss that I'm looking for other work. She asked if there was any training the bank could arrange that would enable me to do my now-modified job. The question itself was as much an insult as a joke because anyone who can read talk can do it. I answered "Yes, resume writing and bahavioural interview techniques".

I'm not the only one who's pissed. If it wasn't for the fact I'm going to have a mortgage soon, I might have given my resignation last week and taken my chances landing a new job.

I feel bad for the people who are going to stay but not bad enough to keep them company. I can already hear people making up excuses as to why they can't move on to another job (the drive, the change in hours, the requirements, blah, blah, blah..). If they put as much energy into their resume as they did into fabricating excuses they might actually get jobs that make them happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home