Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Breathing a bit easier

I got a call from FLG Monday night and she told me that Glenn was in Thailand during the tsunami. I'm normally an optimistic guy (in a cynical kind of way) but after I read Glenn's itinerary and looked up his destinations on a map, I had an awful sinking feeling in my stomach.

Happily, he's posted an update on his site to let everyone know he's alive and he made it through the ordeal with relatively minor injuries. I'm glad he's OK. He's staying to help rebuild for a few days before he goes back home to resume life. I can't help but feel bad for the people who never got to leave alive, or the ones who have to leave without their loved ones, or the ones who aren't leaving because they call that place home. I hope the aftermath isn't as dire as some of the predictions I'm hearing.

Read Tripping with Brad to learn about his first hand experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home