Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Fade to Black

I've had trouble sleeping the last couple of nights. I blame it on my aunt for trying her best to upset me. I shouldn't have let it get to me but if anyone knows how to push your buttons, it's family.

I had about six hours of sleep Saturday night and maybe three or four last night. I had to be to work early for a workshop so when my alarm went off at six it felt like I hadn't slept at all. I felt so bad I decided to reset my alarm to go off a half hour later. I was going to make up for the time by taking the 407 to work.

I can only guess that I stood up too quickly after I reset the alarm because right after that I realized I felt dizzy. Rather than sit down until it passed, I decided to go and get myself a drink. I remember debating in my mind whether I should sit down in there or let my glass of water finish filling up before I sat down. I made the wrong choice because I blacked right out and the next thing I know I could hear D knocking on the door to see if I was alright. I tried to get up too fast and blacked out again.

I grazed my forehead on the wall during one descent and hit the back of my head on another wall during the second. D was very helpful but I still tried to get up too fast and I twisted my ankle as he helped me back to bed.

If it was any other day at work, I would not have gone in but the stuff I'm doing right now is important to me. D didn't want me to drive myself so he agreed to let me go to work if he drove me in and I promised to make a doctor's appointment.

By the time I called the doctor, at noon, I was feeling fine. I told them what happened and they didn't seem too worried. That helped me to feel better. If I still feel bad tomorrow I'll give them a call and they will see me right away.

So besides the twisted ankle, the grazed forehead, the lump on the back of my head and a neck that hurts like hell, I'm feeling fine. My only worry is that I'll be too stupid to sit down the next time I feel light headed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Top_Dog said...

It's always been fine when I've had it checked in the past. It's been about two or three months since my last visit. I'm probably going to go see a doctor again in the next couple of days just to make sure. I think I'm OK though.

On the bright side, I got a great sleep last night after I soaked in a hot bath for half an hour. I felt great this morning (except for my neck which is still a bit stiff). I think I'll be fine in a day or two.

10:43 p.m.

 
Blogger Gage1 said...

I'm guessing you haven't fallen down again? I'll probably call you tonight.

7:50 p.m.

 
Blogger Top_Dog said...

No, I haven't fallen down again. But my neck is still sore. I could use a massage. I just realized that it's getting late and you probably won't be calling. I'm off work again tomorrow. I'll give you a call sometime then.

11:29 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home