Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas on a Budget

This year I did what I have never been able to do in the past. Everyone I usually exchange gifts with sets a dollar limit on purchases and every year, I always go over.

This year, thanks to my stupid car, I've been forced to work within a budget and stick to it (ok, I went over by $25 bucks overall). I've actually spent a quarter of what I've spent in the past. I feel so frugal.

There's a let down feeling I get when I go over budget and the other person (or none of them) does not go over. It's not that I expect people to overspend. It's just that I keep hoping that at least one other person was feeling as generous as I was. This year, I'm guaranteed not to feel that way.

Not only have I saved money. But I've also saved time and aggravation shopping. I had it all done in an hour or two and I have almost nothing to wrap. I should have thought of this strategy sooner.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home