Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Someone stole my coffee mug at work today. How ghetto is that? I went to the kitchen area, filled the kettle with water and left for a few minutes. When I got back, the kettle was still full and boiling but my mug was gone. Looks like someone needed a cold drink.

I'm still on the steroids so I probably let it bother me more than I should. But I'd grown attached to it. It was given to me when we still had our old logo and it was a very attractive mug. A new one just won't look the same. I was tempted to walk around and seize it off the offender's desk or maybe put up a sign in the kitchen with a pointed message about the intregity of bank employees who steal. But I decided to let it go. I took a deep breath and returned to my desk with an unused earl grey tea bag.

So I need a new mug. I can't decide if my new one should be something no one would ever want like something that celebrates diversity in the workplace with a queer-positive message and covered in rainbows. But no, I don't want to out myself with a coffee mug. I want a cool mug. Something with a monkey on it. I'll make that my mission tomorrow: buy the coolest mug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home