Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Another nail

has been driven in the casket of my "career." That's what I told my boss today. Not only do I have to do the job I had to do last month but I also have to take up someone else's slack. And!....I have to pretend not to notice when other people can't do their job correctly. Because if I get impatient with incompetent colleagues, they will complain to management about me and my "attitude." I suppose it's too much to expect someone to know how to do their job correctly after seven years. I should know better than to sigh audibly when others feign stupidity.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gage1 said...

God, you've got to get out of there!

11:42 a.m.

 
Blogger Top_Dog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:17 p.m.

 
Blogger Top_Dog said...

I know. It happened again today. Someone was fucking up and wouldn't let me sort out the problem before it impacted a client. I got annoyed and dealt with the aftermath. I approached my manager less than 3 minutes later to give her a heads up and...surprise!....she already knew all about it and we had another "little talk". Gossip travels too fast in that place.

9:26 p.m.

 
Blogger Top_Dog said...

NB, Glad to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I hope that life with the room mate and school are all going well.

12:05 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home