Musings, platitudes, rants and reveries of an uninhibited horny urban bear.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Gore + Chic = Tres Chic


Or so the people at www.skinbag.net would have me believe. But it only makes me want to disgorge my lunch. Besides, I already have a bag. It's made of real skin, not the synthetic kind and it makes the perfect accessory.

Speaking of skinbags, Terri Schiavo has finally kicked it. Part of me was hoping she'd make it until Friday (April 1st) but I'm glad it's finally over for her and her husband. Her parents on the other hand seem determined to hang on to their anger the same way they clung to their daughter's empty shell. And that's all she was. Her brain was 80% gone but they wouldn't accept she was never coming back.

Instead, they wasted fifteen years living in denial that their daughter died in 1990. Fifteen years praying to god to give them what they wanted instead of accepting what they had.

I hear that grief has five stages; disbelief, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. Sadly for these people, they used their faith as a crutch and never got past stage 3 so they prayed for the impossible every night and twice on Sundays. But that's their own fault, not god's.

Although they prayed to an almighty god, I don't think they will ever believe what happened was god's will. They can't imagine that god runs the world without consulting with them and listening to their prayers so he knows what to do next.

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

I think I may be sick too... did skinbag not have any thoughts on the Nazi overtones of what they're doing?? Or perhaps they did.

12:16 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home